It's 8:00 on sunday morning, and I am wondering what to write about. Should I discuss the incredibly loud children in the room behind mine, where it sounds as if they are literally bouncing off the walls, or should I discuss the dog who is staring at me and keeps groaning and shaking his head loudly, as if to say, I will continue being ridiculously loud until you get your lazy ass up and feed me. I sense a theme coming on.
Sleeping is truly one of my favorite things to do. I'm not one of those persons who can never sit still long enough to rest or sleep late. I honestly don't know how those types of amazing people exist. I long to be built that way. I, however, am the person who is typically incapable of sleeping for more than two hours at a time.
Since I was little everything that goes bump in the night woke me up. Now the struggle is simply turning my brain off long enough to fall asleep. This is achieved with reading horrible romance novels, sci-fi, and mysteries. My favorite is when all three genres blend into one fantastic book... The trifecta. Its kinda like eating a hotdog with so many condiments you can't even taste the grossness underneath. Bring on the condiments!
So, once my brain has turned to mush, I can drift off to sleep for about two hours. At which point I am woken by the cat, the dog, the fiancé, the kids (his or mine), or perhaps just horrible gas (his or mine). Then I'm up. In the next few hours I am at my most brilliant. I have written great songs, solved very challenging life problems, created new problems, made horrible choices... Okay maybe not brilliant at all, perhaps I'm just in a sleep deprived haze of assumed greatness. Anyway, I then struggle to sleep the rest of the night.
All that to say, I would so much rather be sleeping right now. Just one more hour of silence on a weekend would likely be the difference between the kindhearted loving woman I am or the train wreck living inside me. Alas, the train wreck rears its ugly head. Chug a chug a woo woo. Watch out world... Coffee or death!
No comments:
Post a Comment